In-Home Dog Training
Discover a New Relationship With Your Dog Through In-Home Dog Training!
If your dog has behavior issues, big or small, in-home dog training can help. Our dog training approach has successfully resolved dog behavior problems across the Columbus area. We can help you, too!
Dog behavior issues can be stressful for the dog’s family, and for the dog, too. We take all behavior problems seriously, whether or not they’re “major” problems, or relatively “minor”. Truthfully, there are no minor behavior issues; dogs with “minor” issues like jumping, leash pulling, and excessive barking are euthanized every day. Why? Three major reasons:
- Dog owners don’t realize these behavior issues are able to be resolved
- Dog owners may not feel these issues are “enough” for dog training
- Many dog trainers don’t know how to resolve dog behavior problems, big or small, and they falsely conclude that the dog cannot be trained
Rest assured, your dog does NOT need to be surrendered! Buckeye Dog Training is capable of handling and resolving ALL dog behavior issues. This includes:
- Aggression of all kinds
- Separation anxiety
- Excessive behaviors – barking, digging and chewing
- Poor greeting manners – jumping, humping, urination
- Household manners – bolting through open doors, counter surfing, housebreaking
- Leash manners – leash pulling, leash reactivity/aggression, leash biting
- Hyperactivity, nervousness, fearfulness, or insecurity
Advantages of In-Home Dog Training
The biggest advantage to in-home dog training is that your dog can be fully and accurately evaluated. When considering a dog behavior issue, it is important to look at the “big picture.” This means that all the factors that influence the dog’s behavior must also be considered – factors like the dog’s relationship to his/her family, and the lifestyle the dog currently enjoys. These factors are difficult to consider from afar.
Our in-home dog training programs begin in your home, so that we can give your dog the benefit of learning new skills in a less distracting environment. Once your dog has mastered these new skills, we’ll take him/her out in public. Our public lessons are still private lessons, but are designed to make sure your dog knows how to make good choices even in challenging situations. These lessons also make sure that you know how to guide your dog to the right decision, should he head off in the wrong direction.
If you have a dog with behavior issues, give us a call at 800.649.7297, or fill out our contact form. We are eager to hear more about your dog’s situation!